Information from this alcohol use questionnaire can help determine if you should see a health care professional regarding your alcohol use. It should only be used as a guideline and it does not replace a formal medical evaluation. If you drink alcohol and answer "Yes" to more than one of these questions, talk to your doctor.
- Do you drink?
- If so, have you ever wondered if you drink too much?
- Do you ever drink more than you intend to?
- Has there been any change in your tolerance of alcohol?
- Has drinking ever caused any problems in your life?
- Has a family member ever been concerned about your drinking?
- Have you ever decided to quit drinking for a while or cut down your drinking?
- Have you felt guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever used sleeping pills, tranquilizers or other drugs?