Don't let a winter cold foil your looks. These insider secrets will help you look smashingeven when you're sneezing and sniffling!
- Shift to neutral. Bright makeup accentuates under-the-weather eyes. Stick with neutral shades around the eyes to help minimize redness and puffiness.
- Go green. Color correct a Rudolph-red nose by first applying a moisturizing rose salve, then stippling green-tinted concealer on top, says celebrity makeup artist Gita Bass. At night, soothe the sensitive area by dabbing on a little petroleum jelly mixed with an antibiotic ointment.
- Don't run. Waterproof mascara will help prevent raccoon-like smudges from watery eyes.
- Bronze out. The quickest way to look healthy and vital? Add color to the face. Apply a bronzing powder with a touch of shimmer to fake a healthy glow.
- Moisturize the air. A humidifier helps you breathe easier, preventing chapping from blowing your nose; it also rehydrates skin, helping it look plumper.
- De-puff eyes. Apply a cool compress, then dot on under-eye concealer.
Adapted from our sister publication, REMEDY’s Healthy Living (Winter 2008)