Time: 30 minutes, plus 4 hours chilling
2 cups corn kernels
4 baby zucchini, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 scallions, sliced
2 bell peppers (yellow and red), seeded and chopped
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook corn in a small amount of boiling water in a covered saucepan for 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine corn with veggies and dressing. Cover and chill.
Nutrition Per Serving: 67 calories, 3g protein, 15g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 2g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium.
- Replace zucchini with summer squash.
- Blanch thinly sliced carrots and add to salad before chilling.
- To add mild heat, toss in ¼ tsp cayenne pepper. Garnish with fresh thyme.
From The New Sonoma Cookbook (Sterling 2011), by Connie Guttersen, R.D., Ph.D. Published with permission.