This healthy, lean chicken recipe will keep you feeling fueled and satisfied!
Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes Serves: 6
1 3-lb chicken
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 large spring onion, sliced thinly
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Rub oil, salt and pepper into chicken skin. Squeeze 2 lemons over skin and stuff rinds and onions into cavity.
3. Roast 60 minutes (until internal temperature is 180°F). Remove skin.
Nutrition Per Serving:
25 g protein
2 g carbohydrates
13 g fat
3g saturated fat
77 mg cholesterol
316 mg sodium.
- Serve sliced chicken with onions in corn tortillas topped with salsa.
- Whisk 1 Tbsp honey into the olive oil before rubbing into chicken.
- Add black olives and capers to the cavity.
From our sister publication, Diabetes Focus (Spring 2011)