Strawberries are high in vitamin C, which helps you metabolize energizing iron. This recipe costs under $2.00 per serving!
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 24 oz low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 baskets (12 oz each) strawberries, hulled and thickly sliced, reserving 6 whole strawberries for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt with ginger and cinnamon.
- In parfait cups, layer yogurt mixture with sliced strawberries, garnishing each cup with a whole strawberry.
Per Serving: 135 calories, 6g protein, 25g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 2g fat, 1g saturated fat, 6mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium.
Mix it Up!
- Simmer 2 cups thinly sliced rhubarb in 1 cup water with 2 Tbsp honey. Strain, then toss fresh strawberry slices with the cooked rhubarb, refrigerate 4 hours and layer with yogurt.
- Toss all the parfait ingredients into a food processor along with a banana and enough low-fat milk to make a smoothie.
- Top pancakes with a dollop of ginger-cinnamon-vanilla yogurt and plenty of sliced strawberries as a healthy alternative to syrup.