Whether you are newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome or unrelenting fatigue, or are researching information about your symptoms, the selection process for a physician can be a struggle. These diseases are complex and require treatment by a physician with a great degree of specialized training.
If you are currently seeing a physician or specialist for fibromyalgia (FM), chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS) or unrelenting fatigue (UF), ask yourself the following questions:
- Does my doctor believe that FM, CFIDS, and UF are prevalent chronic diseases?
- Does my doctor see a significant number of FM, CFIDS or UF patients?
- Does my doctor see marked improvement in those patients by using outcome tracking and monitoring?
- Is my doctor open minded about treatment options other than prescriptions?
- Does my doctor rule out that my symptoms are related to menstruation, pregnancy, menopause, or psychological problems?
- Does my doctor think he can treat my disease?
- Can my doctor specify how long it will take for me to feel improvement?