How to Apply Glaucoma Eyedrops
Step-by-step Eyedrop Instructions
- Wash your hands. If you wear soft contact lenses remove them before applying eyedrops.
- Lie down or tilt your head back.
- Hold the bottle between your thumb and index finger, place the dropper tip as near as possible to your eyelid without touching it.
- Brace the remaining fingers of that hand against your cheek or nose.
- With the index finger of your other hand, pull the lower lid of the eye down to form a pocket. Drop the prescribed number of drops into the pocket made by the lower lid and the eye.
- Close your eye and press lightly against the lower lid with your finger for 23 minutes to keep the medication in the eye. Do not blink. Wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting contacts.