Time 10 min.
Research suggests that a Mediterranean Diet can sharpen your memory and protect against Alzheimer’s disease. This recipe includes healthy whole grains and fresh greens. The egg yolks also contain choline, a nutrient that supports a healthy memory.
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 6 slices whole-grain bread
- 6 eggs
1. Combine 4 Tbsp oil, vinegar, salt and pepper with a whisk in a large bowl, then toss with mixed greens to coat thoroughly.
2. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp oil in a skillet and cook eggs sunny-side up for 3 minutes or until firm.
3. Toast bread slices while eggs cook and toss greens in vinegar-oil mixture until well coated. Top each slice of toast with about 1 cup mixed greens and 1 fried egg. Grind a little more black pepper on top if you like.
Nutrition Per Serving: 252 calories, 10 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 17 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 186 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium