Doctor Discussion Planner
Questions To Ask Your Doctor about Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD0
- How will you determine if I have shift work sleep disorder? Do you recommend that I keep a sleep diary and/or undergo sleep studies to evaluate my quality of sleep?
- Do you have any tips to help reduce excessive sleepiness associated with shift work?
- What kinds of changes to my home environment and lifestyle might be beneficial?
- In addition to lifestyle changes, might I benefit from stress reduction techniques, such as massage therapy, meditation, or yoga?
- What is light therapy? Might this treatment be helpful?
- Might I benefit from taking medications to reduce the effects of shift work sleep disorder? If so, what types of medication might you prescribe?
- Are there any potential side effects associated with these medications?
- How will you monitor my condition to determine if I have developed health problems that are related to SWSD, such as heart disease and high blood pressure?
- If a chronic lack of sleep is affecting my overall health, what kinds of treatment might be necessary?
- Do you recommend that I see a sleep specialist?