Welcome to the Shift Work Disorder Resource Center, where you will find useful information to help you understand and better manage your sleep disorder. Working long hours and/or working irregular shifts can disrupt your sleep-wake cycle and cause a condition called shift work sleep disorder (SWSD). Chronic sleepiness often has a negative impact on overall health and well-being, so it is important for people with SWSD to learn how to manage the condition.
The information provided in this Resource Center is designed to help shift workers get enough sleep to maintain good health. It includes the following features:
- Top 7 Facts About Shift Work DisorderSWSD Can Increase the Risk of Health Problems
- Getting DiagnosedInformation about Shift Work Sleep Disorder Diagnosis
- My Doctor Discussion GuideQuestions to Ask Your Doctor about SWSD
- Our Symptom CheckerMight you have shift work disorder?
- Tips for Managing Shift Work